Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween Treat: Stims!

Yesterday’s blood work and ultrasound were uneventful which is a good thing. This morning we combined the 10 units of lupron with 10 units of HCG for a new daily shot mix. Husband also started taking his doxycycline this morning, which he will take twice a day until our embryo transfer.

Today starts day one of stims. While we’re handing our candy to trick or treaters we’ll be prepping our follistim pen to 187 IU and doing our first injection (this cycle) sometime between 5-8 p.m. tonight.

Last night we “carved” our Halloween pumpkins. And by carved I mean drilled polka dot holes a la Eddie Ross. Below are the photos from Eddie’s blog that inspired our versions which I will post later tonight.

Looking forward to sitting by the fire, eating roasted pumpkin seeds and cooking the butternut squash husband brought home – what a perfect fall night.


1 comment:

twondra said...

I fell upon your blog and I hope it's okay I came here. I recently underwent IVF. Our 4 eggs fertilized but didn't divide so our transfer was canceled which is rare. It's so hard, isn't it? I'm so sorry. I'm thinking of you.

I did write this and people have said it has helped them: http://twondra.blogspot.com/2008/10/letter-to-babies.html

I'm thinking of you. If you ever need to talk, I'm here.