Sunday, October 19, 2008

Here We Go Now

Since my last post we switched doctors within our practice and have been very happy so far. I turned 30 and we spent a long weekend celebrating with friends and many bottles of wine in the mountains. We also celebrated our four year wedding anniversary. I have joined a neighborhood gym and have lost a few pounds doing a half-a**ed attempt at Weight Watchers.

Recently we have started openly talking about our fertility problems with friends (particularly under the influence of the aforementioned wine). We had originally planned to start IVF #2 in November but due to the embryology team’s holiday schedule and annual conference (affectionately known as Beerfest!) we were told it would need to be October or January.

The HSG procedure was not fun. In order to verify I have no blockages in my tubes the catheter had to be inserted 3 times due to my uncooperative cervix, ouch. Luckily the RE gave me an A+ and found no blockages or other problems. Friday we went in for this cycle's first ultrasound and my lining appears to be looking swell. Lupron started this morning and I have a nice bruise on my stomach as a not so gentle reminder.

No comments: