Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Beta #3 = 17,141

I went in for my third beta on Friday, 12/5. My nurse’s assistant called to let me know it came in at 17,141. She really didn’t say much else so I asked her if it was a good number. She kind of laughed and said it was very good and we should possibly be prepared for twins. In her opinion she said our likelihood of twins is 95%. Well, I reacted with a nice little expletive and then calmed down.

We are trying not to focus on this, because while the possibility is both thrilling and terrifying at the same time there is just no guarantee until our first OB ultrasound on 12/17. The wait until that appointment is not nearly as torturous as the two week wait but that little bomb she dropped is making it pretty damn difficult to not count the seconds. I even bumped our appointment back and hour so we could get in as soon as possible. Oh, and you can bet we will be there 15 minutes early.

2 comments:

No.35style said...

Wow! I agree with your nurse ;) Congratulations!

Baby Smiling In Back Seat said...

Oh boy. Regardless of whether it's one or two, hope that your numbers keep rising beautifully and that your U/S next week looks great!