Wednesday, December 31, 2008

All is Well

Sorry I have been so slack in posting, all is well so far with the babies. We had our second ultrasound on Monday, December 22nd. We saw “our” RE at this appointment and were very relieved after meeting with him. I have a small blood clot, which is what caused the heavy bleeding and I very well could see more. He was unconcerned about the clot and said our chance of miscarriage low, between 1-5%.

The babies were measuring on time and we saw a little bit of movement already from one baby, which is a great sign. I go back this Friday for my last ultrasound and visit to the RE. I am very much looking forward to seeing the progress of the babies though it will be bittersweet to “graduate” from our fertility clinic.

After the RE gave us the go ahead we announced the news to just about everyone over the holidays. I’m waiting a few weeks to tell my coworkers that we are pregnant. I’m hoping to hold out even longer on the twin announcement. I’m sure they will have doubts about my return from maternity leave when they get that tidbit. I’m planning to return to work but hope to work out a part-time schedule if they will allow it.

Next week I’ll see my OBGYN and I’m hoping to attend a Moms of Multiples Meeting. I’ve scheduled a tour of the maternity suites at the hospital for the week after. We’ve been busy reading up on multiple pregnancies and are getting exited to find out the sexes of the babies so we can plan the nursery.

I hope everyone has a very Happy New Year!

No comments: