Wednesday, December 17, 2008

It’s Official - Twins!

This will be long.

When I arrived at work yesterday I noticed some heavy bleeding. After a quick meeting I called my nurse and luckily was put right through. She got me in to see one of the doctors at 9 a.m. So, I hightailed it and was in the waiting room in no time. For once, I waited maybe 2 minutes. I swear they whisked me back in there almost immediately. All of the staff at the clinic kept asking me if it was the big day and unfortunately I had to tell them I was a day earlier than scheduled due to the bleeding.

Once I got into the exam room to change I realized the bleeding had seriously progressed and I started to lose it. We waited for my husband to arrive and once he was there the nurse grabbed him and brought him back. Everyone was so serious and fast paced that I felt something was very wrong.

The doctor started the ultrasound and showed me a healthy heartbeat and that the baby was measuring 6 weeks 6 days (right on schedule.) I was still so scared and crying that the nurse had to bring me a wad of tissues. He continued with the ultrasound and showed us the other sac and second heartbeat, it’s twins he said! Before I could even register that two babies were in there I kept asking if they were alive and healthy. Luckily the second baby was measuring 7 weeks 1 day, 2 days ahead!

So, after we calmed down we were told to meet the doctor in his office for further instructions. As we opened the door to the exam room, our whole team was waiting for us with hugs and congratulations! They all “knew” it was twins and were there to wish us well!

So, as of yesterday I am on modified bed rest until Monday due to the bleeding. Apparently bleeding is typical with twins but I was bleeding a little more than average. Luckily, it has subsided today so I’m a tad less anxious.

Lucky for them my husband is delivering a huge BBQ lunch to the office today. We’ve been promising everyone at the clinic that once we got good news we were going to cater lunch and luckily we both delivered on our promises!

I still cannot believe it!!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That is amazing news! I am so glad that your doc office was able to see you in no time. Hope the bleeding subsides! Wishing you all the best.

No.35style said...

Take it easy! I hope the bleeding will stop soon so you can breathe a little easier. Twins!! How exciting!

Hillary said...

Wow congrats!! I'm sorry for the bleeding but am so happy things looked good on the ultrasound and that you have TWO babies in there :)
makingmemom.blogspot.com

bb said...

Wow, congrats! Sorry to hear about the bleeding but glad that it seems to be getting better.

Merry Christmas!

No.35style said...

Are you doing okay now?

Anonymous said...

Hey - How are you?? Haven't updated in awhile. Just checking in.

-Sarah