Monday, November 24, 2008

7DP5DT - 2WW Hell

Well, I’m 7 days past my 5-day transfer and I’m slowly going insane. If I were to POAS it would likely be accurate. But, I’m not going to do it.

During the 2WWof IVF #1 my mom and I were on a long weekend in NY. It was great because I was completely distracted and hardly ever thought about testing. Unfortunately, my period came in full force unlike any other period I have ever had. It was awful. We were at my mom’s friend’s apartment/gallery and I probably went to the bathroom every 6 minutes. Then I would step into a bedroom and call my IVF nurse for her advice. When it became apparent there was no way I was pregnant, we went to lunch. During, lunch I stepped outside onto the streets of Soho to call DH. I broke down in tears and wept on the street, it was so hard to be away from him. I was pretty numb the rest of the trip.

FET #1 wasn’t nearly as dramatic. I just tested like a mad woman and got continuous BFN’s. Since my beta was a weekday we went home at lunch to get the call. When we got the confirmed negative I busted out a bottle of wine, had a glass, and then went back to work.

On Wednesday my mom, dad and brother will be in town. We can’t decide where we want to get the call. DH will be working and I will be off for the day with a houseful of family. I’m thinking we could meet at a park and just wait for the phone call together. We’re not sure yet.

I have two days of work this week (whee!) and a lot to get done. I don’t know how I’m going to be able face my boss at our weekly meeting because I just cannot concentrate and my projects have piled up.

1 comment:

bb said...

You are so good that you have waited THIS long!! Stay strong. I would have a hard time deciding where or how to get the news too, especially with lots of family all around. I would probably want to be able to get away for a bit by myself. I am hoping the best for you!!!!