Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving Recap & Beta #2

I went in this morning for blood work for our second beta. Our number more than doubled to 523! I don’t think I mentioned this before but I had been having some troubling bleeding. It was troubling only to me as my nurse was never concerned. It seems to be subsiding which is a relief. Today I stopped using the estrogen patches but am maintain the prometrium. I go in for blood work again next Friday and it will be at that visit that we schedule our first ultrasound.

In other news, I am still exhausted from Thanksgiving. I had originally planned for a total of 10. On Sunday, 10 turned to 12. On Tuesday, 12 turned to 13. Finally, on Thursday (Thanksgiving itself) 13 turned to 14. We had lots of family and my husband’s best friend, which really was fantastic. Dinner went over well with the slight exception of my cheddar chive biscuits. I am just not a baker. We had everyone over again today for leftovers that I think will probably be gone after our third round.

My cousins are all visiting from various (much more cosmopolitan) cities and are smitten with our city and have gotten a kick about the various friends and neighbors that have been dropping by. A friend of my husband’s is in the landscaping business and has started selling Christmas trees this season. He pulled up on our street this afternoon and we picked out our tree from his trailer. He trimmed it, put it in the stand and brought it into my living room!

2 comments:

Baby Smiling In Back Seat said...

Another great beta! Continued best wishes.

Cheddar chive biscuits -- sounds interesting, too bad they didn't turn out. If it makes you feel any better, I went through many batches of failed biscuits until I could make good ones. I learned some of the science behind biscuits -- milk vs. buttermilk, butter vs. margarine -- but ultimately the key was trial and error until I figured out a trick that made all the difference.

Hillary said...

Congrats on the great beta!! And a wonderful Thanksgiving :)