Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Amazing News!

My beta today was 178! I don’t know very much about betas but I’m told it’s “a good, strong number.”

I couldn’t wait (shocking) and tested positive Monday night and today but didn’t want to post until I had a number. I have been having a lot of bleeding which has been scary but my nurse has reassured me it’s OK.

I have a funny video of me telling my husband the news. He was half asleep and I woke him up to show him the test.

Today my family came for the holiday and we were able to tell them the news in person. Tomorrow my in laws come and we are looking forward to telling them. The only draw back to “coming out” to your friends about infertility is you have to spill the beans so early because of course everyone is asking. I can’t complain because our friends have been family have shown us wonderful support.

Today we are four weeks and should be due August 5, 2009. I am so excited but am still very cautious. It still doesn’t seem real.

4 comments:

Hillary said...

Congrats, I am so happy for you! I started following your blog recently via the nest and am excited for your amazing news :)

Gin and Tonic Extra Lime said...

Thanks so much Hilary, I am in disbelief!

bb said...

WOW, that is awesome!! I am soo happy for you, what tremendous news!!

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Baby Smiling In Back Seat said...

Congratulations!!! Hope that you have the best Thanksgiving ever.