Friday, November 14, 2008

Fertilization Report – 9 Embryos

For some reason I have been in a funk ever since we got yesterday’s fertilization report. We have 9 embryos which is 2 more than we had with our first fresh cycle. With our first cycle we had 3 embryos make it to perfect blasts and obviously none of them resulted in pregnancy. I’m definitely grateful but for some reason I thought this cycle would be overwhelmingly different than the last. Maybe it’s best to be cautious so that it will be that much more exciting when we get our positive beta. I’m still pretty sore from the ER and driving around downtown with uneven roads and speed bumps isn’t particularly helpful. Yesterday I had a constant headache which thankfully has disappeared. Let’s hope today I cheer up and get over myself.

Perhaps I should resume obsessing over Thanksgiving or even Christmas. I already have my bedside table stocked with magazines, books and even my Christmas cards to write while on bed rest. Oh, and I’m thinking about finally getting around to finishing my wedding album, 4 years later. Who am I kidding; I’ll probably end up watching re-runs of 90210 and Law Order for the 48 hours of bed rest.

1 comment:

bb said...

9 fertilized is good! That is NINE really good chances of BFP so congrats. Of course when it comes to my turn, I will need someone to help remind me about this, too. Because I will probably feel just how you feel right now!
(but 9 would also be better than us last time, however I think my expectations of like 30 is probably a little over the mark, hee!)

Good luck also on the wedding photo album if you get to it. Don't beat yourself up though, I have been married for 6.5 years and I still don't have mine done. ;-)