Monday, November 10, 2008

Egg Retrieval Wednesday

I have spent the last three mornings at my clinic for ultrasounds and blood work. Saturday’s follie check measured 17 and Sunday’s measured 23. No word yet on this morning’s visit but egg retrieval is tentatively scheduled for Wednesday. I’ve been steady at 250 IU of follistim and had a bit of a freak out on Friday night when I realized I was almost out of the liquid gold. Luckily, a good friend was in my neighborhood and I met her to pick up her leftover follistim from her successful IVF on Saturday. Thank goodness for donated medication, such a blessing!

The longer we are in this fight the more I realize how many of us there are. At Thursday’s appontment my husband ran into a former colleague and his wife. I’ve lost count of the people we know that we have come across at the clinic. I know several co-workers, acquaintances, friends and friend’s of friends who are suffering from infertility and are undergoing or have been through various types of treatments.

On Friday my husband catered an event for a local adoption group that deals exclusively with kids from Russia. Coincidentally, on Sunday we ran into one of the families and their two little boys on a grocery run. If this IVF doesn’t work (it will, right?) then I am may take this as a sign.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay!! Josh and I were just thinking about you and I decided to check and see if you updated your blog. We are so happy for you!! This is going SO well. You have so many eggs!! Keep updating, k? I'm getting so excited!!!

-Sarah