Thursday, November 20, 2008

Sad Economic Times

I know my post title is stating the obvious here but I was a little down yesterday after visiting a nearby nursery that was having a going out of business sale within two years of their opening. Every time I bought something from them the owner would send me a handwritten thank you note. I was probably one of their lowliest customers, but it seems he took the time to do that for everyone no matter what they spent. Within walking distance of my house an earth friendly spa has closed since opening last fall as has an Italian restaurant, a BBQ restaurant and a seafood restaurant. Another nursery not from me is also closing. I wouldn’t say I frequented these places but I have been a patron at least once or twice.

On top of all of the devastating news about neighborhood business closings I found out my favorite home décor magazine is shuttering. I have literally saved every copy of this magazine since I first picked up it's inaugural issue. Of course, I save them with intentions to tear out favorite ideas to add to my "dream home" binder full of tear sheets. Um, I haven't touched that binder since maybe October 2007. I'm a hoarder/procrastinator in that way.

I sometimes feel guilty for spending thousands on these treatments when these economic times are so trying.


So sad!

1 comment:

No.35style said...

I just hate that Cottage Living is no longer going to be around! I have every issue saved, too. It was my favorite! I found out that my beta was negative the day I found out there was going to be no more CL mag! Double whammy.